Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen (born September 23, 1949), nicknamed "The Boss", is an American singer-songwriter who records and tours with the E Street Band. Springsteen is widely known for his brand of Heartland rock infused with pop hooks, poetic lyrics, and Americana sentiments centered on his native New Jersey. His most successful studio albums, Born to Run and Born in the U.S.A., showcase a talent for finding grandeur in the struggles of daily American life. The latter album made him one of the world's most recognized musicians and he has sold more than 65 million albums in the United States and 120 million worldwide.
- Born: Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen (1949-09-23) September 23, 1949 (age 71) Long Branch, New Jersey, U.S.
- Occupation: Singer, songwriter, musician
- Children: 3, including Jessica
- Relatives: Pamela (sister)
- Genres: Rock, folk rock, heartland rock, hard rock, roots rock, soft rock, pop rock, americana
- Instruments: Vocals, guitar, harmonica, piano
- Years active: 1964–present
- Labels: Columbia
- Associated acts: E Street Band, Little Steven, Warren Zevon, Steel Mill, Tom Morello, Miami Horns, The Sessions Band, Southside Johnny, & the Asbury Jukes, USA for Africa
- Website: brucespringsteen.net
Bruce Springsteen Pictures
- 15th Annual Stand Up For Heroes Benefit Presented By Bob ...
- New York City Commemorates 20th Anniversary Of 9/11 Terro...
- Celebrating America Primetime Special
- The National Board Of Review Annual Awards Gala - Inside
Bruce Springsteen Articles