Find news about Eric Betzig and check out the latest Eric Betzig pictures. and is widely credited with developing the first fluorescent microscopy. After graduating from UC, Betzig found his way into medicine. He has been involved in numerous research projects and also has published five books that explore medical topics concerning the physical, chemical, medical and biological properties and how this may be applied to medicines. He holds bachelor's degrees from the Ohio University, Columbia University and the University of Minnesota....
- Born: Robert Eric Betzig (1960-01-13) January 13, 1960 (age 60) Ann Arbor, Michigan, U.S.
- Alma mater: California Institute of Technology Cornell University
- Known for: Nanoscopy, fluorescence microscopy
- Awards: Member of the National Academy of Sciences (2015), Nobel Prize in Chemistry (2014)
- Fields: Applied physics
- Institutions: Howard Hughes Medical Institute University of California, Berkeley
- Thesis: Near-field Scanning Optical Microscopy (1988)
- Doctoral advisor: Aaron Lewis, Michael Isaacson
- Website: hhmi.org/scientists/eric-betzig
Eric Betzig Pictures