Frank Mir(born May 24, 1979 in Las Vegas, Nevada) is an American mixed martial artist. Frank Mir currently competes in the heavyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship where he is the current UFC Interim Heavyweight Champion. He won gold medals as a professional in judo and even the UFC heavyweight championship in a title fight. As a competitor, he began his own personal training camps, including one where he trained as a trainer before deciding to quit, according to his wife. Since making the leap, he has been active and competed in various competitions throughout the summer and fall of 2009, according to training reports. This past August, he said he decided to stop looking for a job.
- Born: Francisco Santos Mir III (1979-05-24) May 24, 1979 (age 41) Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.
- Nationality: American
- Height: 6 ft 3 in (191 cm)
- Weight: 262 lb (119 kg; 18 st 10 lb)
- Division: Heavyweight
- Reach: 79 in (201 cm)
- Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Stance: Southpaw
- Fighting out of: Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.
- Team: University of Grappling
- Trainer: Ricky Lundell Angelo Reyes Robert Drysdale
- Rank: Black belt in Kempo Karate Black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Ricardo Pires
- Years active: 2001–present (MMA)
- Total: 32
- Wins: 19
- By knockout: 10
- By submission: 9
- By decision: 3
- Losses: 13
- Spouse: Jennifer (m. 2004)
- Children: 4
Frank Mir Pictures
- Triller Fight Club: Jake Paul v Ben Askren
- Triller Fight Club: Jake Paul v Ben Askren - Weigh In
- Jake Paul v Ben Askren - News Conference
- Criss Angel's HELP Charity Event Benefiting Pediatric Can...
Frank Mir Articles