Find the latest news, pictures, and opinions about Ian Agol. He has taught geometry for four years and will be joining the team next semester at Duke, where he is now a lecturer in the theory of subroutines. He has published at least four papers (Mathematica Series, 2003) and one paper (Mathematica of the Subroutines 2001) on manifolds. Agol's papers include: The Multiverse...
- Born: ( 1970-05-13) May 13, 1970 (age 50) Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Nationality: American
- Alma mater: California Institute of Technology University of California, San Diego
- Known for: Virtually Haken conjecture Freedman–He–Wang conjecture Wise's conjecture Marden tameness conjecture
- Awards: Breakthrough Prize in Mathematics (2016) Veblen Prize in Geometry (2013) Senior Berwick Prize (2012) Clay Research Award (2009)
- Fields: Mathematics
- Institutions: University of California, Berkeley
- Doctoral advisor: Michael Freedman
Ian Agol Pictures
- 2019 Breakthrough Prize - Red Carpet
- 2017 Breakthrough Prize - Red Carpet
- 2016 Breakthrough Prize Ceremony - Show
- 2016 Breakthrough Prize Ceremony - Arrivals