John Winston Ono Lennon, MBE (October 9, 1940 – December 8, 1980) was an English singer-songwriter who rose to worldwide fame as one of the founding members of The Beatles, and together with Paul McCartney formed one of the most successful songwriting partnerships of the 20th century. In 1967 Lennon split from his wife, Jane, and started a band together called The Ainsworths. In 1974 he became the lead member of the Beatles, along with Steven Johnson. He went on...
- Born: John Winston Lennon (1940-10-09) 9 October 1940 Liverpool, England
- Died: 8 December 1980 (1980-12-08) (aged 40) New York City, US
- Cause of death: Gunshot wounds
- Resting place: Ashes scattered in Central Park, New York City
- Other names: John Winston Ono Lennon
- Occupation: Singer, songwriter
- Years active: 1956–1975, 1980
- Spouse(s): Cynthia Powell (m. 1962; div. 1968), Yoko Ono (m. 1969)
- Partner(s): May Pang (1973–1975)
- Children: Julian, Sean
- Parent(s): Alfred Lennon, Julia Stanley
- Genres: Rock, pop, experimental
- Instruments: Vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Labels: Parlophone, Capitol, Apple, Geffen, Polydor
- Associated acts: The Quarrymen, The Beatles, Plastic Ono Band, Yoko Ono
- Website: johnlennon.com
John Lennon Pictures
- Campari at 78 Venice Film Festival - Campari Boat in Cine...
- News Pictures of The Week - October 15
- Sean Ono Lennon At Empire State Building Lighting Ceremon...
- Bloco do Sargento Pimenta
John Lennon Articles