Lisa Ann Murkowski (born May 22, 1957) is the senior U.S. Senator from the State of Alaska. Murkowski, a Republican, is the only woman ever elected to Congress from her state, in addition to being the first Senator born in Alaska. Murkowski faced the most difficult election of her career in the August 2010, Republican Party primary election against Joe Miller, a former U.S. magistrate judge and a candidate supported by Sarah Palin.
- Preceded by: Terry Martin
- Leader: Mitch McConnell
- Succeeded by: Vic Kohring
- Born: Lisa Ann Murkowski (1957-05-22) May 22, 1957 (age 63) Ketchikan, Territory of Alaska, U.S.
- Political party: Republican
- Spouse(s): Verne Martel (m. 1987)
- Children: 2
- Father: Frank Murkowski
- Education: Georgetown University (BA) Willamette University (JD)
- Website: Senate website
Lisa Murkowski Pictures
- European Best Pictures Of The Day - June 24
- Joe Biden Sworn In As 46th President Of The United States...
- Senate Votes On Confirmation Of Brett Kavanaugh To The Su...
- Senators Await FBI Report On Supreme Court Nominee Brett ...