Using more than 10 percent of our brains would basically turn us into superheroes according to Luc Besson
's new movie, Lucy
. But if you can get over the eye-rolling premise (that whole 10 percent thing is a ridiculously outdated urban myth at this point), then Scarlett Johansson
does look pretty badass in the first trailer, killing lots of dudes, and making very weird things start to happen as her brain's capacity skyrockets. Check out the trailer below along with a few key screen grabs.
1. Scarlett Johansson wakes up after a night of partying.
2. And she's got some sort of mystery drug in a plastic bag surgically sewn into her abdomen.
3. Here's what the bag looks like.
4. ScarJo gets tied up, and when she resists the advances of some creepy rapey dude, he kicks her in the stomach, and bursts the bag of mystery drugs open.
5. And her eyes do this.
6. And she turns into a killer.
7. Morgan Freeman is giving a huge university lecture where he repeats the long-debunked myth that we only use 10 percent of our brains.
8. ScarJo gets in touch with him and shows him weird stuff starts to happen when we use more.9. Some gangsters show up to take Super ScarJo down.10. They have lots of guns.11. And a bazooka. (By the way, Besson fans will probably recognize this shot as being awfully familiar to a certain scene in The Professional.)12. As Super ScarJo's brain capacity increases, she exerts more control over space and time, basically turning the whole world into her personal iPad.13. She can wave a hand and make everyone fall unconscious except for one guy. We wouldn't want to be that guy.