Marilyn Monroe (June 1 1926 - August 5, 1962) was a famous actress, singer, model and film producer. Although she was an exceptional actress, she rarely played anything but the "dumb blonde" roll. Still, she was loved by everyone. In the later years of her life Monroe was plagued by illness, personal problems and a reputation for being unreliable and difficult to work with. At the age of 36, she died of an overdose of barbiturates. It is still unknown whether she committed suicide, or was murdered.
- Born: Norma Jeane Mortenson (1926-06-01) June 1, 1926 Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Died: August 4, 1962 (1962-08-04) (aged 36) Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Cause of death: Barbiturate overdose
- Resting place: Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery
- Other names: Norma Jeane Baker
- Occupation: Actress, model, singer
- Years active: 1945–1962
- Spouse(s): James Dougherty (m. 1942; div. 1946) Joe DiMaggio (m. 1954; div. 1955) Arthur Miller (m. 1956; div. 1961)
- Website: marilynmonroe.com
Marilyn Monroe Pictures
- Nashville Media Preview Of The Artifacts Of Hollywood And...
- Street Art In Los Angeles
- "EXTRAVAGANZA - The Vegas Spectacular" Show Reopens As La...
- 'Andy Warhol: Pop Art' Exhibition Opens In Bangkok
Marilyn Monroe Articles