Opinions and recommended stories about Mark Bradford He began pursuing solo art by writing in his own style. In 1968 before graduation, a young artist had him take pictures for a magazine. "In some aspects, he had just been getting better at drawing," Bradford remembered while in his second year of college. In his twenties, he won a scholarship to Yale to study Illustrators. Shortly thereafter, Bradford entered a publishing house called W. C. Lewis Books, and published five novels....
- Born: ( 1961-11-20) November 20, 1961 (age 58) Los Angeles
- Nationality: American
- Alma mater: California Institute of the Arts
- Known for: abstract painting, performance art
- Notable work: Pickett's Charge (2017), Bell Tower (LAX) (2017), Yellow Bird (2012), Helter Skelter I (2007), Los Moscos (2004)
- Movement: Contemporary Art
- Awards: MacArthur Genius Award, US Department of State Medal of Arts, Bucksbaum Award
Mark Bradford Pictures
- Christie's New York Evening Sales Preview
- The Wall Street Journal's Future Of Everything Festival
- The Broad Hosts West Coast Debut Of 'Soul Of A Nation: Ar...
- The Broad Museum Celebrates The Opening Of 'Soul Of A Nat...