Melissa Chessington Leo (born September 14, 1960) is an American actress best known for playing Det. Sgt. Kay Howard on the TV series Homicide: Life on the Street from 1993–1997. She has also been a regular on All My Children, The Young Riders and Treme. Feature films she has appeared in include A Time of Destiny, Last Summer in the Hamptons, 21 Grams, Confess, and The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. In 2009, she received an Oscar nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role at the 81st Academy Awards for her role in Frozen River. Lawrence Toppman of The Charlotte Observer hailed her as "one of America's most underrated character actresses". In 2011 she starred in an episode of TVB with James Hensleigh as one-woman band. She was nominated for an Oscar for her performance in Season 2 of House of Cards. She has appeared with Jennifer Lopez such as Gia Nairn and Rachel McAdams, and as a solo actress including...
- Born: ( 1960-09-14) September 14, 1960 (age 60) Manhattan, New York, U.S.
- Occupation: Actress
- Years active: 1984–present
- Children: 1
- Relatives: Christine Leo Roussel (paternal aunt)
Melissa Leo Pictures
- "All My Friends Hate Me" Premiere - 2021 Tribeca Festival
- The Academy Of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences Hosts Oscar...
- Day 1 - Evolution Mallorca International Film Festival 2018
- Premiere Of Columbia Picture's 'Equalizer 2' - Red Carpet
Melissa Leo Lookbooks
Melissa Leo Articles