Mike Mills (born March 20, 1966) is a writer-director best known for his debut film, 'Thumbsucker.' In 2011, he released his sophomore film, 'Beginners,' which starred Ewan McGregor. Before getting involved in feature film making, Mills created music videos for such artists as Moby, Yoko Ono and Air. He started attending university and eventually becoming a bassist on the first band members that produced, but did not record, Blue Velvet. After college, Mills moved back to Los Angeles when he met Sam Krustoff at Roxy. At the time, Krustoff was touring the U.K where he befriend...
- Birth name: Michael Edward Mills
- Born: ( 1958-12-17) December 17, 1958 (age 61) Orange County, California, United States
- Genres: Alternative rock, folk rock, college rock, jangle pop
- Occupation(s): Musician, composer, music producer
- Instruments: Bass guitar, piano, vocals
- Years active: 1980–present
- Associated acts: R.E.M., Hindu Love Gods, The Backbeat Band, Automatic Baby, The Baseball Project, Big Star's Third
Mike Mills Pictures
- Los Angeles Special Screening Of A24's "C'mon C'mon"
- Deadline Contenders Film: Los Angeles - Panels
- Deadline Contenders Film: Los Angeles - Arrivals
- Vulture Festival 2021 - Pluto TV Green Room - Day 1
Mike Mills Articles