This retired Republican Speaker of the House (95-99) came up through the ranks of academia to become a focal point for Republican solidarity and an outspoken voice against the Clinton administration. An author, most notably of the policy-setting Contract with America, Gingrich occasionally comes up as a possible presidential candidate and is a regular face on the speech and talk show circuit. Whether you love him or hate him, this is the place to explore the man, his writings, his politics, and to voice your opinions. In 2006 he joined the Democratic Party, becoming a member of the Board of Governors of a National Association of Government Historians and the Institute of American History in 1994. He held several political posts before becoming President Barack Obama's Cabinet. He is the author of six books, seven...
- Preceded by: John Flynt
- Succeeded by: Johnny Isakson
- Leader: Robert H. Michel
- Born: Newton Leroy McPherson (1943-06-17) June 17, 1943 (age 77) Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- Political party: Republican
- Spouse(s): Jackie Battley (m. 1962; div. 1981) Marianne Ginther (m. 1981; div. 2000) Callista Bisek (m. 2000)
- Relations: Candace Gingrich (sister)
- Children: 2
- Residence: McLean, Virginia, U.S.
- Education: Emory University (BA) Tulane University (MA, PhD)
Newt Gingrich Pictures
- 44th Kennedy Center Honors
- Conversation With Cardinal Dolan On SiriusXM's The Cathol...
- White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders Holds Briefing ...
- Vatican Funeral for Disgraced US Cardinal Law
Newt Gingrich Articles