Oscar de la Renta
Oscar de la Renta is a fashion icon and one of the most influential fashion houses in the world. was born into poverty in 1930. In 1954, he started a fashion boutique called Pala Seville, which was renamed Pala Seville, "the palace of choice for young women," until his wife Maria Ruiz disappeared, eventually found by their son José de la Vega,...
- Born: Óscar Arístides Renta Fiallo (1932-07-22) 22 July 1932 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Died: 20 October 2014 (2014-10-20) (aged 82) Kent, Connecticut, U.S.
- Citizenship: United States Dominican Republic
- Education: Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando
- Label(s): Oscar de la Renta
- Spouse(s): Françoise de Langlade (m. 1967; died 1983) Annette Engelhard (m. 1989)
- Children: Moisés de la Renta
- Relatives: Luis Álvarez Renta (nephew) Fabio Fiallo (uncle) Luis Arístides Fiallo (uncle) Viriato Fiallo (cousin) Larimar Fiallo (first cousin-twice removed) José Ortíz de la Renta (great-great-grandfather)
- Awards: CFDA Lifetime Achievement Award, American Fashion Critic's Award, Order of Juan Pablo Duarte, Order of Cristóbal Colón
- Website: www.oscardelarenta.com
Oscar de la Renta Pictures
- 31st Annual Colleagues Luncheon
- Oscar De La Renta - Runway - Fall 2016 New York Fashion Week
- Oscar De La Renta - Runway - Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week S...
- Joan Rivers Memorial Service
Oscar de la Renta Articles