Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (born Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark; June 10, 1921) is the husband of Queen Elizabeth II. He became Duke of Edinburgh on 11 September 1959, when he was promoted from lieutenant in a French army to captain. Philip returned to England in June 1964. Despite the military situation in the Middle East, Philip attended Royal Oakhurst, where he became an educated merchant and then travelled the world to see...
- Born: Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark (1921-06-10) 10 June 1921 (age 99) Mon Repos, Corfu, Kingdom of Greece
- Spouse: Queen Elizabeth II (m. 1947)
- House: Glücksburg (until 1947), Mountbatten (from 1947)
- Father: Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark
- Mother: Princess Alice of Battenberg
- Allegiance: United Kingdom
- Service/ branch: Royal Navy British Army Royal Air Force
- Years of service: 1939–1952 (active service)
- Rank: Admiral of the Fleet Field Marshal Marshal of the Royal Air Force
- Commands held: HMS Magpie
- Battles/wars: Second World War Battle of Crete Battle of Cape Matapan Allied invasion of Sicily Operation Dragoon Operation Robson Operation Lentil Battle of Okinawa
- Awards: Mentioned in dispatches, Croix de Guerre with Palm, Greek War Cross
Prince Philip Pictures
- HRH The Prince Philip, Duke Of Edinburgh Commemorations A...
- The Queen Receives A Rose Named In Memory Of The Duke Of ...
- New Zealand Holds State Memorial Service For Duke Of Edin...
- Best of Premier League - Match Week Thirty Two
Prince Philip Articles